We were supposed to have court today.
While we were at the orphanage visiting the girls, our translator told us that the judge for our case had suffered a death in her family. The earliest we might have court is this Friday or next Monday. A new official date has not yet been set. We may not know our next court date until Friday.
This sets us back in several ways. We had been hoping to attend/speak at a special education conference in Slovakia this Saturday. Even if we had court this Friday and immediately left for Slovakia, we would arrive too late. Since next week is Easter week, the school systems in Slovakia all shut down and so at this point it looks like our Slovakia plans are derailed.
It is now possible that one of us (probably Ezra) will fly home early. Since our Slovakia trip was a business trip, our employer was paying for that. With this canceled (and an additional delay due to the death) our timetables are pushed further behind and we would be pushing the envelope of our FMLA sick leave.
There are several options on the table and we are not sure what are plans for the immediate future hold. Being in limbo is a horrible feeling because we can't plan or anticipate as well. On the plus side, we had been debating all last week whether to go ahead and buy our train/plane tickets for Slovakia. The prices increase dramatically if you buy at the last minute. Our facilitators, Sasha and Violetta, advised us to wait until after court to get the tickets. We are glad we have heeded their advice, as we would have purchased $1000 worth of tickets and not been able to use them.
We have been divinely hindered. We are not worried.
Here's the day's haul of pictures and video. We got "Aurora" walking with a walker. Leigha started off in a good mood and then got grouchy near the end.